Re: Open knuckle front???????

Tom Mandera wrote:
> > As unlikely as it may seem, I suspect an axle swap. I've NEVER seen an open
> > knuckle front end under anything older than '74. Maybe Howard P can provide
> > some insight.....

Just thought of something.. maybe I could clean the axle enough to read
the build number on the tubes.. would they in any way indicate an axle
shipped to IH? (built to IH specs)

Has anyone bothered to compare a Travelall or pickup '44 front to a
Chevy front end?  I should take a tape measure to the two.. The T'all
uses the internal style (19-spline) hubs just like GM.. just wondering
if axle shafts n' such are unique to the Travelall width, or if they're
identical with the Chevy.

I know a guy in Missoula that put a Chevy '44 and 14-bolt into his '68
Travelall.. said they bolted right up.. Hmmm

-Tom