Gregg's 152

Gregg,
You could also have a sticking valve.  I have not been following this thread, but you should take off the valve cover and be sure that all the valves are opening and closing fully by turning it over by hand with a wrench on the crank bolt.  If one is stuck open, 1. you wont get that cylinder to fire due to lack of compression 2.It wil sound/act like a dry or bad lifter.  I suppose a compression check would also proove out the theory, but seeing a stuck valve would be an instant diagnosis.
Good luck,
---
Layda,
Tark