New 392

Brought home a '74 T'all from San Antonio this weekend PO gave it to me for
hauling it off.  The truck came from up North and salt has more than taken its
toll on the body but the engine is a dandy 392E w/ 4 barrel.  The truck is
equipped with all the smog gadgets of the era and I was hoping one of you could
give me advise on removing and plugging these accessories.  I will transplant
the beast into my '76 Traveller after a rebuild this summer.  On both the
exhaust manifolds there are runners that screw in to each port and feed to the
smog pump.  Can these be removed and capped without consequence?  Are there
other considerations to be made in removing the smog equipment?  Should I use
the torque converter that came with the T'all or the Scout unit?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Best Regards

MT
Austin, Texas