Re: CV Joints

>Will a 84 Grand
>Wagoneer cv joints bolt to IH 3/4 ton running gear (Dana 44 front and dana
>60 rear with NP205 T/C).  I have cut and welded driveshafts to length
>before.(yes I get them professionally balanced)

Rik:
  The U-joints on the 84 Grand Wagoneer are the same size.  However,
the front driveline is only 27-1/4" long from center to center of the
yokes.  It has a CV setup.  Another issue is that the driveline
is only 1.75" OD.  Perhaps you could get some real thick walled
tubing to make up for the smaller dia.  My GW has the 'select trac'
system, with the NP-229 t-case, and vacuum operated center axle
disconnect.

  As for the rear, I'm sure the u-joints are also the same.  I didn't get
the length, I can get that tomorrow in the daylight.  I'd have to say
it is close to the length of my 1210 Longbed rear driveline, but it
is probably a few inches shorter.  I'll also check the dia of the
rear driveline tomorrow.  I know it is 3 or 3.5".

  I don't know, but the driveline from a J-10 (1/2 ton) jeep pickup
might be stouter than the wagoneer.  And I would think the
j-20 (3/4 ton) would definitely be bigger, but I'm not sure the
3/4 tons had the same transfer case, they probably had the NP-208
(and locking hubs).  The owners manual (covers the wag and the trucks)
is not very clear, it includes discussion of both transfer cases.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup
84 GW