Re: Cost of gas & mileage

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Stegmann <stegmann@domain.elided>
To: Thomas J. Harais <tjhemh@domain.elided>
Cc: Greg Hermann <bearbvd@domain.elided>; ihc-digest@domain.elided
<ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Saturday, April 24, 1999 11:24 AM
Subject: Cost of gas & mileage

>I think the world is coming to an end I just paid $1.299 for Mobil Super
>premium.  This is the highest in years.
>
>The good news is Scout has been getting steady 13.6 mpg to work & back and
>yesterday got 14.8.  I rigged up an intake air heater by jamming the
>tubeing against one of the header pipes, actually works.  This seems to
>make it run noticeably better during warmup.  And maybe helps gas mileage
>during cold weather.  But, maybe that is hallucination.
>
>Since I replaced the oil pressure sender it has used 1/2 qt of oil in 800
>miles.  Yaaaa Hoooo.  Maybe the compression readings are correct.  Maybe
>this thing really only has 65,000 miles on it.
>
>Steve

-
>Steven A. Stegmann
>     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
>   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
>   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
>    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
>       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
> _/    _/ _/    _/ _/    _/
> _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776
-

And I paid $1.629 yesterday, and that was for "regular" unleaded.  Not only
that, but my truck has been smwlling of gasoline-which my other one always
did a little bit, so I didn't think  much of it.  Well, got under the hood
while it was running-pouring gas down the side of the carb!  My mileage had
been bad, but I was just thinking, time for a tune-up!
Now I get to go out into the world of "carb rebuild" again-I haven't even
finished the T-quad out of a little fear from last week!  So, if I get on
here and rant and ramble tonight, either ignore me or call the medics cause
I've inhaled a little too much fumes!!!
Don't worry, I assure you I will be careful today.  No more "blackouts"!

Wish me luck!  I have to finish the T-quad, rebuild the 2300 off of my '71
Scout, and the 2300 off of my '64 T'all.  Then, I will have the fleet up and
running!

Michael