From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #770
Date: Fri, Apr 23, 1999, 2:16 PM

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:27:16 -0700
From: Eric Hegstrom <ehegstrom@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Pertronix

Well now that the gauntlet has been thrown down here's my take on it.
Here's how I would do it.

We'll take the same starting assumtions
600 RPM
fire 20 times over 20 degrees
dwell for 70 degrees
repeat

600 REV    10 REV     3600 degrees
  min       sec          sec

which means that it covers 1 degree in  1/3600  seconds

so therefore when it is traversing the 20 degrees in which it fires it
will be firing every 1/3600 of a second or 3600Hz (3.6MHz) which is
definately RF.

I knew something had to be wrong when you came to the conclusion that
my
crank took 2 seconds to rotate 20 degrees.

Since I used to teach math I can't resist this: