Is all well with my carb & ignition?

Thanks to all who kicked in their thoughts on my bad carb/ignition setup in
my 345 '79.  As has happened before, my Scout seems to have healed itself!
Realistically, the rough idle once warmed up, inability to maintain idle
when cold, etc., went away shortly after I filled the gas tank.  Hmmm...  I
don't know if bad gas would cause the problems I had, but it's been running
fine for two days now - hopefully it'll continue.  (Still planning to do the
carb rebuild, however.)

Might IH's be immortal?

Joe Costanzo
'79 Scout II