RE: Tom's new Travelall project

I didn't want to chime in until the Travelall Master had a chance to
speak <g>.

But,  I'd assume that the inner fenders are shot around the hood hinges.
Also, the front floor is probably shot where people's feet go.  Inner
fenders
are not being made, but you can get some bent flat steel plates to reinforce
the hinge area.

As Jim mentioned, the body mounts could be shot.  Mine are rusting through
- it looks like the factory rust-coating in my '74 has just recently went
through a transition, and is now kinda like a hard sponge.  Nobody makes
the body mounts, but I'm thinking of having Juniper design some.

Note that a lot of our vendors are begining to provide steel for Travelall
and PU body parts.  You can't get the rear quarter panels yet, but on the
other hand, if you get ahold of some front quarter panels, you can reuse
the pressed out wheel opening to save big fabrication dollars.

As far as mechanicals go, and what I've found different than the Scout,
is that spring replacements must be custom made, radiator's can't be
found whole, the electric rear window is a wonderful feature, but a real
PITA when it fails (due to bad wiring & contacts).  If you've got the
hand-crank model, you won't have electrical issues, but that crank is
kinda flimsy.

Drums are both expensive & hard to find.  Although I've been told that
the drums GUS has will fit, and they aren't priced bad.

Ken Farmer
1974 Travelall
1975 Travelall
1980 Scout