Re: Jacobs wiring

Jeff this is with the vehicle off, keys out of the ignition, nothing on.
With a test light hook to the neg. off the battery, the light comes on when
touched to the + pos. on the coil.
This just seems strange, I wanted some feed back froms others that have that
Jacobs system.  I wanted to think that some how it is wired up wrong from the
starter solenoid<sp>, but all the wires that go to the coil come out of the
Jacobs Box.
By the way, the test lights on the Jacobs Box check ok.
I personally have no clue to wiring, the Jacobs system, or the J#$Ps ignition
system. I have re-wired my Scouts ignition system,  and can try to follow
directions, some times.
Scott Ray
'76 Scout