Re: Rear Driveshafts

I have Superlift springs and well, they suck!  I had to fabricate 8" shackles in
the rear of the Traveler just get it level with the front this in addition to a
3in body lift to accommodate modest 33's.  I still bend the rear edge of both
quarter panels under modest to heavy articulation.  I want the added lift up
front.  I am using Jim Maulis  http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/rshackle.htm tower
design 11" to try and increase clearance.  Once the rear is sprung over I can
adjust rear height by cutting down  the shackles to a height that correctly
levels out the vehicle.

Question:
1. Will this shackle reversal using 11" towers not afford me more than 1/2" of
lift in front?

2. Will I need a new rear shaft with the rear springover?

MT

cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees) on 04/20/99 02:29:44 PM