Re: gregs ih motor

>what are you putting that 605 in?

An old motorhome. :-) Can't wait to see the look on the face of some poor
jerk who has just spent $400K on a big pusher with a Cummins 555HP 855 in
it after he gets thoroughly dusted on a good grade!! :-)

>did you say a 7.3 would or would not fit in a scout?

Dunno--I think I saw mention of someone having done it, tho.

>I have been thinking about twin turbo-ing a 392 with a predator carb and
>maybe using 2 152 turbos what do you think about that?

Too small.

  Are there better
>turbos for this aplication, ever seen a 392 with turbos?

heard of one with a single. Torque & power were reputed to be
"ADEQUATE!"This statement was from a more is always better sort of a guy.

Once sized up duals fro exactly this--think it was Garrett TO-4's with V-1
trim and a .7 AR turbine housing, but not sure. This was for about 17 lbs
boost. Don't remember if for IC or not!

with a good
>ignition system and adequate fuel supply i think it would work well,  I
>might have clearance problems with my hood but who needs a hood anyhow.

If you can find two exhaust manifolds for a Joy 125 QP trailer mounted air
compressor--they used a 196 with the exhaust pointed straight up. Cannot
imagine a much easier way to mount two turbos than sitting right on top of
the exhaust manifold outlets, maybe on a real short pipe.
>think this setup would fit in a pickup pretty easy,

Or a Scout if done this way.

Injection is WAY better than a carb for a turbo, especially if you are
gonna intercool it.

Another thing you could look for, if doing a carb and no IC, is a pair of
the export only low compression heads, and a set of matching pistons. (You
gotta have both the pistons and the heads to make it fit and work right!!!
BEWARE!!)

Regards, Greg