Three scores!

Wow, a lot of traffic..

We're having our annual convention for the Montana 4x4 Association..
someone was talking about "old stuff" from "way back".. and what should
pop out of the Secretary's box... but a couple 45rpm records.

Ho hum you say.

They gave me one.  It's an *IH* promo.  The sleeve has a '78 Scout II
catching a little air on it, and the record contains two songs
commissioned by IH.. I don't remember the titles, but it has to do with
wheelin'.  I'll be scanning the record sleeve and WAVing (and MP3ing) the
songs as soon as I get a chance to slap 'em onto the turn table.

On my way home (between sessions) I jammed on the brakes and veered into
the used car lot around the corner.. there's a 72 Travelall with a FOR
SALE sign in it.  No price.  4wd.  1/2T (1110).  Drum brake front, 5 bolt
pattern.  Automatic, and the lineset is missing.  It took a few mintues,
but I was able to scrape away the grime on the engine tag - V392 it
says!  Looked at the diff tags.. 3.73 ratio!

The rear of the T'all, behind the wheels, is trashed.  Rust rust rust.
That's all I *really* noticed.  The rear seat was folded down.  Interior
was yucky, and it's overall appearance is pretty blah.. but it's a
392/automatic/3.73 geared Travelall... hmmm.. gotta go back on Monday and
see what they want.. anyone hear the words, "TOW RIG" yet?  (still
wantin' a Travelette tho')

Then, I round the corner for home, and the '76 Scout II I'd seen
oh-so-many times is parked where it usually is.. with a FOR SALE sign.
The same Scout I looked at a year ago for $500.  Woman saw me pokin'
around and started talking.. it's a 345/727.  The 727 was shot when she
bought it for $350.  Asking $1300 for it now.. a bit higher than I want
to go for a rig with that much rust (lower part of the body is rusty all
around).. and a rebuilt transmission doesn't mean much to me either. <g>

Anyhow.. back to my meetin'.. almost dinner time!

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
President, Frontier 4x4