Re: caster??

Greg,

Good info.  And you're right its all about the location of the contact
patch and the rotation axis of the front wheels.

I agree with your comments about European cars in general.  The incident
with GM and MB just popped into my mind first.

Ford got on its latest rigidity kick with somebody fooling around with
computer simulations.  That's why you need some people who are interested
in the their work for the fun of it.  He noticed that if he ran the
rigidity up all sorts of noise went away.  More investigation showed that
most vehicles have natural frequencies just about the same frequency that
wheel induced vibrations have.  Nobody noticed for the last 80 years.
Funny how that happened.

Sounds like a 444 would be a lot of trouble to swap in place of a 345.
Do I understand correctly that there is a separate case for the flywheel
and clutch.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776