Grain size

Greg,

In talking to Ray Johnson (knife maker extraordinaire) and from what I
know about forging.  Forging is also done to make the grain pattern align
with the loads the piece will have to bear.  Looking at older rusted,
forged, wrought iron pieces you can see the grain pattern just as easily
as in polished wood.

I really wanted to be a blacksmith/machinist.  That's what my new career
is going to be after I retire from messing with copmuters.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776