Re: buggy spring

>I'm not positive you need a "saddle" for
>the spring to rest in or not.. but it certainly
>wouldn't hurt. ;)
I don't mean I need a 'saddle' I need a flat solid surface to bolt the
spring to above the leaf spring. With the leaf outboard of the frame
there is nothing there to bolt the spring to. By coping the way the
existing spring eye is bolted on and extending it forward along side the
frame so that I know have a surface to bolt the spring to and for the
spring to reat against at rest.
>That's another option.. but you'll end up
>with more lift (maybe you don't want/need
>any more) and you'll also lose stability by
>moving the springs inboard.
Well, you only are moving the springs in about 2" per side in the rear.
>It'd be a little nice to move the FRONT
>springs in-board of the frame just to stop
>clipping tires on 'em.. but not at the cost in
>stability..
I don't want to move the front springs at all. Just the rears.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

Good, getting a new heart.
Bad, growing UP.
Ugly, about to under go complete reconstructive surgery.

http://www.triplediamond.org