Re: 4wd snow

Howard R Pletcher wrote:

> So you never drive in snow or ice?  Or you always keep it under 10 mph
> when you do?

My mom tried to tell me, "If you need 4wd you shouldn't be driving in
it..".. bah humbug.

Of course, I no longer exceed 40mph or so in 4wd (on road anyhow).. if I
get on the highway, it's 2wd for the Scout.. it's too "big" (tall) to be
cruising at 60mph or so on roads so bad I need 4wd.. besides, in 4wd it
is MUCH more "squirrely" thanks to the front locker.. it handles better
in 2wd than 4wd on bad roads *at speed*

Now, Subaru Outbacks, OTOH.. I think everyone remembers my 95mph on I-90
after the Shania Twain concert this winter.. did I ever mention they
closed the Interstate 30 minutes after we left Billings?

Then again.. while wheelin' last Sunday in Bozeman, I took a picture for
my one-time-Scout owner now-Suby-Owner friend.. there was a Subaru
Outback in the middle of the road.. not making any more forward
progress.  I took a picture.  "Look Dan - an Outback stuck!" and then
another, "Look Dan, a Scout driving into the DITCH and *AROUND* the
stuck Subaru.. go figure!"

-Tom