Re: ihc-digest V6 #731

hubs unlocked most of the time (need to change that).  I was taught if
you can go 10mph or faster, you don't need to be in 4wd

Joe

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:25:44 -0700 Curt Cleavinger
<rcleavin@domain.elided> writes:
>>Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:22:45 -0600
>>From: Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
>>Subject: Re: Spring over questions.
>>
>>> ugh.  I was planning on just buying a housing from Jim Malis (sp),
>guess
>>> maybe not.
>>
>>A lot of people go this way.. and it can work.  Problem is, it'll
>rarely
>>be "perfect"..
>I don't see a big problem if it's not perfect.
>If the front pinion angle is off by more than a few degrees, then the
>
>result is vibration at high speeds. If you don't drive in 4wd (or with
>
>the hubs locked) at high speeds, then this shouldn't be a problem. The
>
>only limitation I can think of is that you can't flat tow without
>disconnecting the rear driveshaft (if the rear driveshaft isn't
>disconnected, you're supposed to lock the front hubs to keep the xfer
>
>case lubricated).
>
>Later,
>  Curt
>
>   rcleavin@domain.elided  San Diego, CA
>   Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
>   Scouts West: http://www.scoutswest.com
>    .===============.   __/  \        __
>    ||             ||  / / ^  \  /\__/  \      __
> []_||_____________||_[]    ^  \/   / ^  \__  /^ \
>  \/-----------------\/  ^ /    \ V    \ /  \/  ^ \
>  ||( )| | | | | |( )|| /    /^\ \ \   /  ^ /   __________
>  | ----------------- |     / ^ \  ^\  /   ____/__|__|____\
> [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad76@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scoutf.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]