Onboard Welders

Scot Clayton wrote:
> I'm trying to get the Premier system on the "Moose"...but the dual
> alternator /24 volt setup seems to be stumping them at the moment!

Can't setup a seperate system just for the Premier?  I hear it's a NICE
welder with the high frequency DC..

I'm going the low-buck redneck route.. lots o' batteries.  I'm swaying
away from the receiver hitch winch idea at the moment.. but I was
thinking of the basket winch and the two connectors, front/rear, for the
winch.. set it up so you could also throw a few switches and change the
quick-connect winch leads over to quick connect welding leads and
instead of 3 batteries in parallel for winching you'd have 3 in series
for welding..  front or rear.

Or use all 3 in series when you *really* need to winch fast.. just be
ready to buy a new winch. ;-)

-Tom