Re: 7.3 swap

>While Tom and Greg were bantying about these terms:
>

>"inherent characteristics:    volumetric efficiency     LOWER VE
>spark motors     WOT        turbulence         air charge     VE     "open
>to the atmosphere"     pumping losses     The Otto (spark engine) thermally
>efficient     volumetric efficiency     "working torque"     internal
>friction     rotational forces         stoichiometric displacement manifold
>pressure         internal friction         increase in thermal efficiency
>isooctane to heptadecane (cetane)         politics and taxation
>technological and scientific considerations                    free
>economics!        objective  consideration"
>
>I was reduced to a fetal state curled up on the floor chanting, "Please,
>Mommy!!!  Make it stop!!!!"  My god I have so much to learn!!!
>
>Michael

If anyone has a serious desire to learn about engines--the reference I
mentioned is a pretty good read, and covers all of it. It does assume some
prior knowlege of math and engineering, but it is not TOO bad that way. The
book is:

Internal Combustion Engines and Air Pollution
Edward F. Obert
ISBN # D-7002-2183-2
Harper Row, 1973

Amazon.com has it in stock, it will spoil about $100. SOME public libraries
might have it.

Regards, Greg