Re: two transfercases

Richie:

We've talked about it, but I think the only folks that have done it were
written up in the 4X rags - they can't be real people who really go 4
wheeling, can they?

In any case, the idea here is to get a really low, low, right? But one must
rember, with each gear reductiion, not only do you get a lower low, but you
get more torque mulitiplication. My question is, can that second case handle
the torque mulitplication of the first? And, if it can, how about further
down the line, like your axles or differential?

If you gear your IH V-8 down low enough, you could move a house with it.
But, will the drivetrain behind the engine be up to the task?

Tom H.