Cheap 6.9s, 7.3s, and 5 speeds in the Rust Belt

$4500?  $2500?  How about this?  I recently purchased an 84 2WD 4 speed
F350 with the 6.9 IH Diesel for $950 and drove it home!  The newspapers and
Trading Times have had several other Ford Diesel pickups in the last couple
months with an asking price of $1000 to $1500.  There was a Loadstar for
sale for $500 for months (no title).  I remember an add for another
Loadstar for $700.  There have been other Loadstars in the $500 to $1000
range. I bought my Loadstar for $350 (5 speed!).  There is currently an add
for a tandem axle Fleetstar for $950.  Someone could part it out and sell
the rest for $40 a ton.

We need find a way to swap large hard to ship parts with other regions.
I'd like to find a rust free Travelette, whole or cab only, and some rust
free 69-75 PU inner fenders.  Rust Free beds and tailgates are real hard to
find around here also.

Want to meet half-way this summer?  500 miles is about my limit.  Nebraska?
I plan to attend the Burlington, Iowa and Springfield shows.

Dave Read
Chicago
60 B-120 4x4 PU
67 1200 4x4 PU
67 1700 Loadstar (345 and 5 speed w/PTO)
68 1200 PU
70 1200 4x4 PU
71 1010 Travelall
71 1110 4x4 Travelall BW auto
71 1110 4x4 Travelall 4 speed
84 F350 6.9
71 IH Cub 154 Low Boy garden tractor
6 Jeep Wagoneers, 3 Jeep J-Trucks, and a 76 Dodge with a disc brake Dana 60
front.