Kids/RMIHR

Tim,
Depending on your brother in law and his ability to care for your kids
you may have it made.
Last year I went to RMIHR with Tom M, my wife followed the next day and
she and my daughters took in the show, they then went to my Moms place
in Leadville. I was surprised when Tina (my wife) returned to RMIHR
without the kids, spent the night and went on a trail ride with me the
next day. It was great for both of us to spend this quality time
together and the kids had a great time with my Mom.
Win/win situation.
But my girls are teenagers so YMMV.
Boulder is closer than Leadville to RMIHR.
Come and enjoy, let your Brother in law spend some "quality time" with
your kids.

Willy