Re: Scout Toys

I would think it was to get around copyrights, it's done often.

I'd like to figure out how to put dual head lights on my PU, but the
extra 2 would be hi-intensity off-road lights.

another cool idea would be a single headlight w/ 3 positions, low, high,
and off-road, maybe something with the finall wattage around 200 or so,
really light up the night

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:04:54 EDT Howard R Pletcher <n9ads@domain.elided>
writes:
>Don't forget the small scale die cast Scout 80--1/32 scale?--made by
>Ertl I think.
>
>Bit of trivia--why does the Structo Scout 80 have dual headlights?  It
>looks odd.  I'm told it has them because when Structo came to IH in
>1961 for blueprints, the prints IH gave them had duals.  Apparently
>that was considered since duals were the in thing at that time.  IH
>was considering putting them in the Scout, but  thought better of it
>before it got done.
>
>Howard Pletcher
>Howteron Products Scout Parts
>
>On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:56:51 -0700 Scott Satterlund <scotts@domain.elided>
>writes:
>>No Scout toys in existed? Where have you been! There were several
>>models
>>made, from the 80 to the Scout II series.
>>A few that I know about-
>>Early Scout 80 with two headlights on each side. I was told this was
>>
>>early toy that was built by Structo when the Scout first came out.
>>These
>>are very common. Green with a white top.
>>Scout 800 in several variations. I have a snowplow model in both red
>&
>>
>>yellow, plus a Postal Scout
>>Scout Traveler, Terra & SSII. Ertl produced these from 1977-1980 You
>
>>can
>>find these if you look around at the flea markets, toy shows & etc.
>>I've
>>got a few of these kicking around.  IMHO, the current bid on the one
>
>>in
>>ebay is well beyond what it is really worth. But, this is pretty
>>typical of
>>a lot of ebay items.
>>Scout Terra with a horse trailer. These were in red & brown. I have a
>
>>brown
>>one.
>>Scout SSII with the speed boat. The SSII is the bright orange with a
>
>>yellow
>>speed boat. Got one of these too.
>>Plastic Ertl models of the Scout II & SSII 1976-1980 time frame.
>>I'll photocopy the Ertl toy catalog Scout pages this week and bring
>>them to
>>Tulare if anybody wants to have a look.
>>About the Matchbox series. I think that you are going to have buy the
>
>>set
>>and not the individual models. They also have out a 1935
>International
>>"C"
>>model pickup in another series that has just been made available. I'd
>
>>like
>>to have the truck but don't want to buy the other junk that is
>offered
>>with
>>the set. So I'll probably pass.
>>
>>-Scott Satterlund
>> Binder Books
>> Tigard, Oregon
>>
>>Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:16:36 -0400
>>From: "Danny Anderson" <bturnip@domain.elided>
> [...]

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad76@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scoutf.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]