Re: reverse shackle - worth the expense?

Daniel Nees wrote:

> recently about the RS. Whoever it was half convinsed me that a RS on an
> off-road vehicle would compromise some of my off-road ability. Why you
> ask? Well, in a RS the axle and wheel push back toward the rear of the
> vehicle when hitting a bump, thus asorbing the bump. But, with a stock

Well...

With a flat stock spring in a spring-over.. if you compress it, it'll
actually move the axle forward with a reverse shackle.. how's that for
funny?

Also, this "pushing" bit.. is why I kept "flipping" my front shackles
rearwards, and why I have friends in Jeeps with bent front springs from
trying to push up and over an obstacle.. their front locker and the
"push" characteristic of forward shackles didn't help them go over the
rock.. it just helped bend the expensive lift springs.

More food for thought, Dan.

-Tom