Re: reverse shackle - worth the expense?

Rob,
    I have the Triangle and thought the ride was VASTLY improved over
what I had prior.
   Bill Thebert was just talking a couple of weeks ago about how to do
the RS without any noticable gain in height. I forget what it was
though.
   Now to start some controversy... I was talking to someone just
recently about the RS. Whoever it was half convinsed me that a RS on an
off-road vehicle would compromise some of my off-road ability. Why you
ask? Well, in a RS the axle and wheel push back toward the rear of the
vehicle when hitting a bump, thus asorbing the bump. But, with a stock
set-up when you encounter a bump, say a rock, and compress the spring
the tire is force to climb the rock becuse the axle is force forward and
up the rock because of the shackle. Does this make sense? Thus a RS
would push the axle and tire away from the rock thus making the climb
more difficult.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

1 Scout II 1979 named Good
1 Scout II 1971 named Bad
1 Scout II 1979 named Ugly
I'm looking for an Automatic Tranny that will not take on water!

http://www.triplediamond.org