RE: Priming the oil pump

Eldon,

Didn't I hear someone say to fill the pump with vaseline during assembly to
assist with priming the pump.

BTW I was looking at my rockers the other day through the oil fill hole and
there appears to be oil to the rocker, but there isn't oil everywhere like
in most engines I've opened.  There seems to be oil where the rocker pivots
on the shaft but it is really clean everywhere else.  Is this normal.

My engine runs fine.  When I listen with a stethoscope it makes no more
noise than any other engine I've ever listened to.  I have no reason to
suspect a problem it just doesn't look as oily as I'm used to.  Fords and
Toyotas seem to have oil everywhere in there.  This really seems to have it
only where needed???

Any comments?

Thanks for helping Mike

Steve