RE: BLM Scoping

If you have never written a letter to a government agency now is the time to do so. Our sport is in jeopardy and if this and other wilderness proposals make it to wilderness we will lose most of the trails we have in not only Utah but all across the United States. We have to stand up for our rights. A select few who say they represent the American people have had the say for years. It is now time for the people who really use the land to be heard.

Requests for more information or to be added to the project mail list should be sent to: BLM Utah State Office WSA Planning Project P.O. Box 45155 Salt Lake City, UT 84145.

Scoping comments should be sent to the same address or submitted through the BLM's Internet website. To be considered during the 63-day public scoping period, written comments must be received by May 19,1999. The intemet comment form is located at: http://www.ut.blm.gov/wilderness/comment.html

BLM Meeting Schedule
Kanab, UT April 21 Holiday Inn Express 815 East Hwy. 89 5-8 PM

St. George, UT April 22 Abby Inn 1129 South Bluff St 3-8 PM

Escalante, UT April 23 Escalante High School 800 East Hwy 12 5-8 PM

Castledale, UT May 3 Museum of the San Rafael 96 North 1 00 East 3-8 PM

Tooele, UT May 4 City Recreation Complex 350 West 400 North 3-8 PM

Vernal, UT May 4 Western Park 302 East 200 South 3-8 PM

Richfield, UT May 5 Weston Inn 647 South Main 3-8 PM

Moab, UT May 5 Senior Citizens Center 450 East 1 00 North 3-8 PM

Monticello, UT May 6 Monticello High School 190 South 200 West 4-8 PM

Fillmore, UT May 6 BLM Office 35 East 500 North 3-8 PM

Salt Lake City, UT May 7 Utah Department of Natural Resources 1594 North Temple Suite 1060 3-8 PM

See http://www.thuntek.net/4wd/4x4now/EJS2000.htm

Bob D.