Shocks, Size of Scout II bed

I am doing a spring-over on my Scout 800 and I'm wondering how do I figure
out what shocks to use.  Is there a formula?  I'm re-using the stock springs
but I've added a add-a-leaf for a little extra support.

Also the bed is in bad shape and will have to be completely replaced.  I
noticed J.C. Whitney offers a bed panel for a Scout II and I'm wondering if
this might could be used.  Could somebody with a Scout II let me know the
dimensions of their bed?

David Willmon
Voice 409/875-3140  Fax 409/8875-3100
dwillmo@domain.elided