Rebuilding cylinder heads

Harvesters:

When I went to start rebuilding the heads (ie valve spring assys), I noticed
that I had eight little bronzey-colored disks.  They are smooth on one side,
and say "this side up" and have radial lines enscribed on them on the flip
side.  Otherwise, they look like washers.

They don't show up on the diagram in the book.  I get the feeling they are
supposed to go under the rotocaps under the exhaust valve springs.  I
suppose they are supposed to keep the bottom of the rotocap from turning, so
that the top can.

I only have eight...and I got the heads back disassembled from the machine
shop.

Are any of you folks familiar with these things?

Roger
'78 Traveler/392E/727
Beaufort, South Carolina