Re: IFS rocks!

Chris and Ranae Procyk wrote:

> I know, ain't the IFS sweet?  And it's uniquely IH.
>
> It's a shame that these trucks keep getting passed by because people have
> this thing for 4wd.  But if you already have a knarly Scout, then why not
> get one of these?  They are great Scout towers*/grocery getters etc.  AND
> from '67 on they share the 5 bolt wheel bolt pattern- so you can get
> long-wearing street tires and stick them on the Scout when you need to pass
> inspection or whatever (been there).
>
> So with Jim Grammer back on the list, this brings the number of IFS
> enthusiasts to, um, three.  Sigh.
>
> *A Scout on a trailer p'bly exceed IH's really, really conservative tow
> ratings but do not fret it.  They didn't put the Dana 60 on so many of them
> for no reason.
>
> In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
> Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
> Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA

Yeah, but unfortunately I am still a starving student who needs money and has
FIVE IH's  right now!  This is probably still the one that is going to have to
go!  I would sell one of the others, but none of them, in their current
condition, would probably bring in as much cash as this one will!

Michael