Rear Ballast

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided> wondered:

>I'm open to suggestions on how to add rear ballast to my Scout

Keep the ballast between the axles and mounted solidly, as low as
possible.  Moving ballast, like water, will have a sledgehammer
effect unless absolutely full.  Not the sort of thing to keep
you pointed in the right direction.

Ballast behind the rear axle will help you spin too.

Ummm, if you try to counteract the weight of an IHC V8 by adding
even more weight you'll have to run in the Yugo or rubber-band class
:)

Bob
77 Scout II
LIOR