RE: Rear Ballast

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Farmer wrote:

> > Rear bumper that holds water/antifreeze?  I could then "tune" the rear
> > ballast.  Naturally, a full tank of gas.  The stock skidplate will be
> > staying put, too.
>
> How are you going to tune it?  Mix liquids of various weights?  If it isn't
> completely full it will slosh around in there - which could work against
> you.

True.  Good idea.  I just didn't think I really wanted to 1) buy and then
2) have stacks of steel weights bolted down..

> How about sandbags and soft shocks in the rear and stiff shocks up front?

Ah.  Fill my "water tank" with sand instead.. no much sloshing then!

It's not a shock issue really.. it's a nose-dive thing.  I've jumped a
stock Scout II... the nose ALWAYS lands first... and HARD.  It kinda
hurts a little... thus the idea of adding weight to the rear to balance
it out.

In the future, the motor'll get moved rearwards to even out the weight
distribution... but I'm cutting down my expectations until it RUNS.. then
we'll see about What To Do Next. :-)

Thanks, Ken!

I happen to have a few sacks of traction sand....

-Tom