Re: Fw: Check this out

John, (and anyone else interested),

my guess is anything that can hold two cartrdges or shells is a "assult
weapon" in Ca.  I don't know the laws, but my freind Frank
(frankster@domain.elided) is a dealer in northern Ca, he should be able to
tell you how legal you are with a sks.

joe

On Wed, 07 Apr 1999 15:36:03 GMT jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
writes:

>Obligatory but loosely IH related item: Quick question for those of
>you
>familiar with CA gun laws... I'm leaving Saturday morning to
>ultimately
>attend the 3rd Annual Western Regionals in Tulare, but first I'll be
>camping in the desert with John H. and Bill T.  We are planning some
>target
>practice while there (not at each other).  Is a plain Jane 10 round
>fixed
>capacity magazine Russian SKS (a Curio and Relic) considered an
>assault
>weapon in CA?  I'd like to bring one along but don't want to break any
>of
>your silly gun laws down there.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John L.
>
>jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
>Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must
>never
>Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the
>destruction
>WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
>Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J.
>Clinton
>http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of
>CT

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad76@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scoutf.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]