Panhard rod

Tom Harais wrote:
> Two words: "Panhard rod".
>
> The "sway" you feel is the body moving left and right on the suspension.
> When the Tall is at rest, put your body up against the rear quarter and
> "heave". The movement you observe is a lot like the "sway" your feeling.

Hmm.. my racer sways already a bit if I push on the rear end.. I was
wondering about this and gave a little thought to using an anti-sway bar
like up front but in the rear.. too bad the gas tank is in the way and
it's wider back there.. have to fab a custom "U" shaped one..

But a panhard rod.. hmmm.

> There are many designs for "panhard rods". The basic idea is they brace the
> frame to the differential (or visa versa) so that the body won't move
> lateraly "across" the differential. Check a book for designs.

Panhard rods usually run from one side of the frame down to the opposite
side of the axle, right?  I see this *causing* the body/frame to move
laterally as the suspension cycles!  Then again, it'll bind against the
leaf springs..

Hmm.

-Tom