Re: Scout II Spare Tire Mounting

"John A. Landry" wrote:
> I just bought a full sized spare (10.5x31-R15LT) and rim and will need to
> relocate the mount in order to fasten it into the back of my Traveler.  I

John - are you SURE it won't fit?  Is there something peculiar about the
Traveler?  The slope of the top maybe?

My 31x10.50 fit just fine in the stock location without moving the
mount.

I have a 33x10 in there right now... now THAT isn't a great fit.. you
have to pick the tire up and push it against the rear seat (100" SII)
and set the tire against the tailgate (side of the endcap, actually)..
turn the tire *around* (it's a 15x7 rim) to put the shiny side of the
chrome wheel against the wall, so you can feed the "threaded arm"
through either a wheel bolt circle hole, or maybe the larger "chrome
modular" holes in the side of the rim, and then you can get a few turns
of the wingnut...

i.e. it really doesn't fit well.  But it works. ;-)

Now, maybe a 31x10.50 just won't fit to "Landry Standards".. but it'll
fit... again, unless the Traveler has some peculiar feature I don't know
about..

If you want to know about those studs.. I have a rusty tub in the
backyard I need to cut up.. I could go knock the outer quarter panel off
and take a picture for ya.  ;-)

(I plan on it anyhow.. to practice hacking rear wheel wells...)

-Tom