Re: Maintenance on the '64 T'all

PB Schechter wrote:

> I'm not positive about the specifics, but my best recollection is that
> the owners manual calls for 90 (80?) weight mineral oil in the
> differentials and transfer case, and even in the transmission.  I will
> try to remember to check my owners manual, and re-post.  90 weight
> mineral oil *is* available in the Denver area, but I have heard that
> "not everyone" uses it in their mid-'60s IHs.  (By the way--do you have
> the line-setting ticket for this?  I am pretty sure that the 345 was
> not available in a C series in 1964--the biggest engine in those days
> was the 304.)
>
> If I get real energetic, I might even be convinced to scan the lubrication
> diagram, and send it to you via e-mail!
>
> Good luck!
>
> PB Schechter
> pb@domain.elided

PB-

Thanks for the help and info.  The 345, to my understanding, was made at that
time, and was ordered only as an option.  The owner before had had it in the
family since the mid-60's, and it had not been changed when they had it-also
the guy from whom they bought it made a big deal of it being a "very"
important/expensive option.
I do not claim to know this for fact, however, and I am open to anyone that
knows all of this info to fill me in.

Thanks!

Michael