Re: Mike's oil filter

Mike,
My 66 152 Scout 800 has this type of oil filter.  I got one from CarQuest,
wasn't a problem, they had it in stock.  I never did change the oil, but
when I took it to my mechanic to have him get it running again, he changed
it.  Something for you to look out for though, is if the DPO put in the
old cartridge backwards.  I guess it is possible, because my old one was
in backwards.  From every cartridge type of filter I have seen, I would
assume (but that makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me", so I'm not sure*G*)
that the open end goes up towards the block and the end with the little
hole goes down.  Just FYI.  Hope it helps.

Oh, while I'm thinking about it, the 152/196 take 5 quarts of oil, right??

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - still at mechanics but now running

If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world
peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until
the looting started.