Re: SEATS

     Carlos writes:

     >Hey guys,
     >   It seams about time to replace my old worn out seats, my
     >passengers think they are reclineable seats because they are so
     >laid-back and ready to break off.  What seats will fit a 76 traveler?
     >I heard something about Volvo seats being the same size and being
     >able to bolt in? is this true? What years or model? thanks for the
     >info!

     >Carlos

     Carlos,

     I assume that the seats in your Traveler are buckets and use the same
     mounting base as a Scout II. If this is true, I have been pleased with
     a set out of a early-90's Mitsubishi Eclipse. They recline, have good
     side support, are high-back, and with very minor bracketry will fit
     the existing base. Some I've seen even have adjustable lumbar support.

     Steve C.
     '79 Scout II