	Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:40:55 -0800
	From: Al Evitts <albert@domain.elided>
	Subject: engine change

	Tom/Amanda:  I have thought about the very same change.  I think it
	would work with a 4wd also just have to get thestuff from a 4wd
	Cherokee.  What about the 4.0 head change that Clifford sells, I
think
	with that and a good FI system (Howell, MOPAR or some such it would
be a
	little cheaper and you still have a good auto or 4 speed which must
be
	better than what is in the cherokee.  You are right however, this
aint a
	consideration for a 2wd daily user.  If you do this swap keep some
good
	records and pics if possible.  You are right this is going to be a
	popular conversion in times to come.  There are a lot of closet 6
	cylinder Scout users if this works  maybe you can out some of them.

	FWIW

	Al