RE: Winching backwards

Tom wrote:

> Neat thing is.. he said he can always unspool some cable from the
> backside of the winch, and feed it through a slot (fairlead) in the rear
> bumper.. leave the hook attached to the front bumper in a storage spot..
> and double line his rear pull.  I thought that was pretty neat.

Ok, but are there any hazards to doing this?  The obvious ones that spring
to mind are:
- diminished ability to control vehicle while winching
- line abrasion caused by ubolt plates, etc while winching
- line abrasion caused by driving over rocks
- damage to under vehicle components caused by winching
do these sound like stuff to be concerned about?

Hmmm, maybe a pulley to help direct the line?

Ken "the cautious wencher" Farmer