Re: Powr-lok noise

I'd agree with this diagnosis.  Without enough LS lube, the clutches will
stick together, then break lose and slip repeately when turning with the
result being the chatter you hear--myself, I thought it was the diff
going out the first time I experienced it.  It also seems to be worse
when hot vs. cold.  Even if you've got LS lube now, it's time for some
more if you can find the additive just by itself to add to the lube.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999 22:56:43 -0500 "Jason and Maria Colavecchia"
<jasoncolavecchia@domain.elided> writes:
>I'm not saying that this is the answer, but it seems every time someone
has
>problems with noise or chatter with limited-slip differentials, they
>haven't put the "additive" in to prevent undue binding and otherwise
>undesirable effects from happening...The additive seems to be somewhat
>indespensible with such devices...Forgive me if you already have the
proper
>dose of "LS" additive in the differential oil!
>Otherwise, perhaps someone else can answer your question...People??
>
>----------
>: From: Neff, Matthew John - MBA <NEFMJ124@domain.elided>
>: To: 'ihc-digest@domain.elided'
>: Subject: Powr-lok noise
>: Date: Saturday, April 03, 1999 10:09 PM
>:
>: Hey, all
>:
>: I was just wondering if those of you running  a powr-lok in you
>truck's
>rear
>: end have ever experienced any wierd noises.  My scout  and I were
>driving
>: down I-5 today for a few hours.  When I finally got off of the
>freeway, I
>: made a left turn at a stoplight and heard a sound like my tires
>rubbing
>on
>: the leaf springs (which happens on my truck, but I didn't have the
>wheel
>: cranked nearly enought to do this).  Got out to check it out, and
>nothing,
>: no evidence of tire rubbage.  I think it might be coming from the
>rear
>end,
>: maybe the unit having a hard time disengaging.  I have heard this
>sound
>: before, also after a long drive and also making a left turn.  Both
>times,
>: have been unable to replicate the sound under similar condidtions
>: immediately after hearing it.   I'm just wondering, because this
>sucker
>is
>: brand new and cost me some cash.  I'm hoping this is a common
>occurance,
>but
>: it's got me a bit worried.
>:
>: Thanks in advance
>:
>: Matt Neff
>: Beaverton, OR

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]