Maintenance on the "64 T'all

Heelo, Folks!

I am trying to get all of my vehicles vaguely up to par before I get
buried too heavily in school again, and neeed to change out all of the
fluids and lube up my '64 1100 series T'all.  It has a 345 with a
4-speed and is 4WD.  I was wondering about suggestions for the fluids to
be used.  It still has the old element in a canister oil filter, which I
have never dealt with before-any suggestions here?  I know you can
change it out to hold a modern screw-on type, but don't know any more
about this-is there a kit that someone has of the parts to swap this?
Is it possible to get a new element for this type?
As for the tranny, is straight 50 weight gear oil what I heard
recommended here the other day?  How many lube points are there/where
are they?  My front driver's side wheel shows a little "spray" shaped
pattern of something streaking it-not large quantities, and not brake
fluid.  Dennis Millward and I have decided it's the grease from inside
that wheel housing-a screw out "bolt" seems to be the access to this.
Is typical "wheel grease" or "wheel bearing grease" okay for this
application?  Also, I know that you are theoretically not supposed to
mix greases, but cleanse one out before adding another.  Is there any
way to do that in a case like this?  Lord knows when the last time it
was checked/changed was, but I don't want to jam a bunch of grease
inthere if two different types will cross-react in some way and break
down, leaving it worse than with the residual that is in there.
For oil, I think I will go with straight 30 weight-same suggestion I
recieved for my '73 345.  Anything else I should seriously consider
while setting it up for the next few months?
This vehicle operates in the San Francisco Bay Area, at sea level and
moderate temp's, if that matters to you.

Thanks!

Michael