Fuel Prices - Complain Complain

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and MikeIIDC@domain.elided
were heard saying...

>Yeah, gas had been so cheap for a while there that I completely forgot to check
>the price.  I went to fill up both tanks on my '64 T'all and two spare "jerry"
>cans-tank shut off at $50.00, before I had finished my T'all!!!  By the time I
>filled my T'all, one five gallon can, and one one gallon can, I was in over
>$60.00!!!
>Couldn't believe it!!!

I know that gasoline is still relatively cheap in this country (compared to
inflation, etc.), but what really hurts is going from about $0.89 (a couple of
weeks ago) to $1.26 (as of yesterday) at the cheap price gas station I
frequent.  This is just in time for the big driving season... the bastards!
As I mentioned, I'm getting ready to tow my travel trailer down your way and
back... about 2100 miles total.  At 10 mpg (if I'm lucky) and gasoline prices
probably averaging $1.50, I'm looking at well over $300.00 in the fuel costs
alone just to get there and back.  Last year on my trip the cheapest gas I
found was in Nevada just before crossing into CA.  The highest was inside CA
in the Death valley area... over $2.00 per gallon at one station.  The recent
sharp increase in gasoline prices is likely to push these same prices up by
$0.50 to $1.00 per gallon.

Now if only Tom Mandera would send me some gas money!!!  <wink, wink>  (Tom is
acting as my broker for my old 345 and has been having trouble linking up with
the buyer in Montana... not Tom's fault one bit.)

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |