From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Allan & Kathryn Weidenheimer
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 1999 8:45 PM
To: IHC Digest Post
Subject: shifter boot install

Can someone tell me how the shifter boot was originally installed
in relation to the floormat?  I have an NOS floormat I got from
Binder Books for my pickup.  It was originally a column shift
automatic, so I have no factory reference to go buy.  What I want
to know is if the rubber boot is installed before the floormat,
so that I just cut a hole in the floormat.  Or, do I install the
floormat, cut a hole, then install the rubber boot (and metal
retainer ring) so that the floormat is sandwiched between the
rubber boot and the tranny hump?

Did I confuse everyone?

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup