Re: Where's Reverse?

     I don't know if this will help, mine had a similar problem.
     I have an 80 Scout II with 194k miles.
     I replaced my pin about a year and a half ago, that worked great
for about a year.  Then reverse and third started to become very difficult.
     A body shop finely trashed the shifter (96 GMC Pickup tried to see
what I had in the back seat.  Scout drove away with a bent bumper and tail
gate, GMC lost grill, bumper, 2 fenders, hood $5000 minim damage). Got
the spinning shifter.

     When I pulled it apart the casting had broken around the pin.  On
closer inspection I notice the socket casting was warn out. about 1/4 of
an inch too deep.  At that depth it will not shift properly.

     I machined off the old socket and machined new socket mount then
pinned them together.  It feels like it is brand new, only about 1 inch
of play at the shifter.  Shifts like butter.
     I have the plans if you need them or if I ever needed to do another.

     Neill