Hello again

IH All,

I was an active lurker and ocassional poster to this mailing list a year
or two ago, but had fallen out for awhile after leaving college.  I just
wanted to say hello to everyone, and reintroduce myself to the list.

I have a 1978 Scout II, 345, T19 Wide, 2" body lift, painted a very
attractive flat OD green.  I live outside Pendleton, SC and commute to
work in Greenville, SC.  My Scout has been my only car for about 3
years, but I now have a more fuel-efficient commuter vehicle
(Supercharged MR2 :) which means I can start doing more drastic things
to my Scount since it doesn't have to be street legal by 8:00 AM Monday
morning anymore!

I appreciate all the help everyone on the list has chipped in with over
the years, and I have a few questions now.  First off, when is this
Charlotte get-together?  I'm only an hour or two away...  Secondly, has
anyone on the list tried one of the fiberglass replacement tubs I've
seen mentioned?  My tub is rusted though in so many places I can't
imagine it being cost-effective to repair.  I don't know of anyone
remotely local (NC,SC,GA) who has a rust-free one, and shipping one
truck freight is insanely expensive.  When people talk about a tub, how
far up the firewall does it go?  I haven't taken the entire dash off yet
to see where the big piece ends.

Anyway, if anyone on the list is around the Greenville, SC area be sure
to send me an email (especially if you have a rust free tub to sell!)
I'll be lurking and posting occasional questions (and even more
occasional answers)...

Thanks,

David