Searching for Scout (longwinded, sorry)

Hi guys (and Gals),
  I am new to the list, trying to learn as much as I
can before I buy a Scout.
  I owned a '75 Scout II about ten years ago which I
sold when I got out of the Navy. I am now planning a
return to full time student status and am in the
process of dumping my current vehicle with its high
payment in favor of a Scout.
  I am interested in mainly the Scout II but other than
that am open to options and need advice about what to
watch out for...not to buy...etc.
  I do have fond memories of my former Scout...hitting
big bumps when the engine was hot and stalling, not
starting again for an hour or so...keeping the
'turn-handle' for the back window in the glove
compartment because it broke off...but also meeting my
wife. Needless to say I am looking forward to again
owning such a unique vehicle.
Thanks in advance for any help...
Russ