Re: mileage (was RE: overdrive)

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and "Thomas J. Harais"
<tjhemh@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>As I remember reading about it, the early EPA mileage tests were done on a
>dyno where they simulated a 150 mile loop of combined city and highway
>driving. AND GET THIS, they estimated the mileage not by gasoline
>consumption, BUT BY measuring the amount of exhaust gases emitted! That's
>why supposidly, those earlier EPA estimates were so far off.

Hmmm... that sounds awful strange.

But all I really care about is what *I'm* getting in my Scout!  I'm happy to
report I'm up to 12.5 mpg combined city / highway driving with my new 392.
I've got a little over 2000 miles on the engine and the fuel economy is
getting better with every tank of gas.  That's pretty close to what my old 345
was getting.  I'm getting ready to leave with my travel trailer for CA here in
a couple of weeks and with gas prices shooting up like a rocket, I'm hoping
the gas milage stays above 10 even with the loaded trailer.

See you at Tulare... right???

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |