Anyone Recognize this Front Axle Accessory ??

Hi all,

I have a SII which has an (for lack of a better word) accessory on the
front axle that I would like to try to identify. It was on there when I
got the Scout so I don't know anything about it.

It is a combination of u-bolt skid plate / lower shock mounts for two
shocks / an axle truss / and a pumpkin skid plate. Parts of it look to
be  commercial products and some of the other parts could be homemade so
I am not sure exactly what I have. It may be a combination of bought and
made.

I wish I could provide a picture but cannot right now. Hope to be able
to do that soon if anyone wants to see it. I thought I would do my best
to describe it and see if anyone recognizes it.

Thanks for the help, Terry