Fifth wheel

"I can't believe know one has anything to say about towing a fifth wheel with a traveler.  I do appreciate any input.
Ekelmann"

I'm not sure how you're gonna pull that one off!
You would have to take the top off the traveler and remove the rear seat(s) to put a fifth wheel between the wheel wells.  Could be rough if it rains during  your trip.
If you are talking about a Travlette or a Wagonmaster  (I always forget which is which), I believe when they were built, that was their main purpose.  However, it turned out that the short wheelbase was not so good for towing compared to a full size 1310 or something of that size.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20